Wednesday, January 28, 2009

So I keep a pocket sized My Utmost for His Highest in my purse. Sometimes a group of us will be sitting somewhere-and I will pull it out-and read the days passage out loud. I love reading aloud-and I like it even more if someone gets something from what I am reading. Good ol' oswald seldom lets me down-and yesterday was no exception. This little page of goodness may seem obvious-but you can never hear it enough-hence my posting it:

Look again and think
A warning which needs to be reiterated is that the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the lust of other things entering in, will choke all that God puts in. We are never free from the reurring tides of this encroachment. If it does not come on the lines of clothes and food, it will come on the line of money or lack of money; of friends or lack of friends; or on the line of difficult circumstances. It is one steady encroachment all the time, and unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the standard against it, these things will come in like a flood.

"Take no thought for your life,"  "Be careful about one thing only," says our Lord - "your relationship with me." Common sense shouts loud and says- "That is ABSURD. I must consider how I am going to live, I must consider how I am going to eat and drink." Jesus says you must NOT. Beware of allowing the thought that this statement is made by One who does not understand our particular circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things so as to make them the one concern of our life. Whenever there is competition, be sure that you put your relationship to God first.

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." How much evil has begun to threaten you today? What kind of mean little imps have been looking in and saying- Now what are you going to do next month, this summer? [the rest of your life...] "Be anxious for nothing," Jesus says. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the "much more" of your heavenly Father.

-so my favorite line is the part that says --"what kind of mean little imps..." it cracks me up :D but beyond that....the part that says friends--or lack of friends... as a reason to draw us away from God. How true is this? We can be wishing and wishing for close friends-to be accepted. We can work to achieve a position of acceptance-putting it above a relationship with God. On the other hand-having these friends-it is easy to put them on a pedestal of importance. The real deal is we should rely on God through the friendless times-and bless him even more when he provides us with such precious relationships. As usual-easier said than done.

---Today is PATHOPHYSIOLOGY day! woot... 1:45-4:15=the legit class-then from 4:30-6:30=the study session. I am going to be SO patho'd out. I can only pray this day will lead to a deeper understanding. To be honest, this class freaks me out. My understanding is sooo limited. 

notecards are calling-

No comments:

Post a Comment